Monday, June 8, 2009

Some Birthday Cards

Here are a few birthday cards that I've made over the last couple of weeks.
Andrea's Hedgehog Card:
While most of the products I use are current Stampin' Up! products I do use other products when I'm creating for myself, and the cute hedgehog stamp is one I borrowed from my friend Dawn and is not a Stampin' Up! stamp. The other items used on this card are from Stampin' Up! The colours are Cameo Coral and Very Vanilla. The 'so Glad we're friends' sentiment stamp is from the level 1 hostess set 'Best Yet', the ribbon is very vanilla 1.6cm Grosgrain, the cute little silver buckle is from the Silver Hodgepodge set and I used the Scallop Edge punch for the right hand side.
Cheers to you:
This card was made for my dear friend Mark. I have used some retired Designer Series Paper and matched the colours. I think these are great colours for a mens card. The beer and 'cheers to you' stamp are from the 'Cheers to you' set and the ribbon is Choc chip 1/4" Grosgrain. I used a sponge dauber and choc chip ink to sponge around the very vanilla card.
Six year old boy card:
I used quite a few different techniques on this card. The water was done using the baby swipe technique while the sand was sponged using three different colours. The lovely whale is from the 'Pun Fun' stamp set. When I put this stamp set together I cut the sentiments off the main picture and mounted them on the side of the stamp, that way you can use the picture and the sentiment separately or together. I stamped the whale on watercolour paper with Stazon, coloured him in then cut him out. The star fish is from the retired 'Fishy friends' set. I just couldn't part with this set when it retired and still use it often for childrens cards.

No comments: