Friday, August 7, 2009

Stamp Club - Tri shutter card and variation.

These are the cards I made as examples for stamp club this month. I normally make a card or two using the technique and then the club members choose their own stamp set, papers etc from my supply. I prepared instructions for the first card and then made the second card as a variation and it turned out the second card was quite popular too.
I really wanted to do a male card this time as I find them quite a challenge but thanks to the Totally Tools stamp set this one was easy. The base card is Kraft, the Designer Series Paper I used is from Urban Oasis. I added a couple of brads and Jumbo eyelets and here it is. It's a bit difficult to see but I stamped the Birthday Wish twice. The first time in Kiwi Kiss then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped it a second time in Basic Black just off to one side so the Kiwi Kiss appears as a shadow. The middle whisper white panel is left blank for writing so I used the Mat Pack to punch some small holes in two corners to give it a bit of texture.
The Christmas card was made on a Kiwi Kiss background and the Designer Series Paper is Raspberry Tart. I really liked these colours together, a nice change from the strong Christmas colours of red and dark green. The stamp set for the front and the tree is Season of Joy, one of the most versatile Christmas stamp sets in the current catalogue in my opinion. The neutral card is Very Vanilla though it's difficult to see in the photo and the ribbon is Very Vanilla 1.6cm Grosgrain. I used a metal edge tag for the hanging ornament and added a punched image and a larger punched circle to complete it. The words on the back panel are from the level 1 hostess set Best Yet.

2 comments:

Chris said...

These are gorgeous AM!
-Chris

kazy2004 said...

Great AM, I especially love the man one. Awesome.

Cheers Kaz