Monday, July 6, 2009

Dawn's Birthday Card


I made this card for my dear friend Dawn. You might remember she is the lady that likes bling so I thought I'd add a bit. Dawn sells bags and is also a lover of shoes so when I came across these charms some time ago I grabbed them specifically for her card. The card stock colours are Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace and Brushed Silver (page 130 of 09/10 Stampin' Up! Catalogue) I did the edges with the new eyelet border punch. This punch is fancier than I would normally go for but it was just so pretty I had to buy it. It looks gorgeous in Whisper White or Very Vanilla and if you put it through a crimper it looks like lace. To get the Letters onto the brushed silver card I stamped the letters in Versamark, then Elegant Eggplant ink and sprinkled them with clear embossing powder. Then I used my heat gun to emboss them. The Boho Blossoms Punch was used for the little flower under the bling hearts.

No comments: